Novastar CVT10 Fiber Optic Converter product introduction
The CVT10 hardware design focuses on the practicality and convenience of the on-site installation.
It can be mounted horizontally, suspended, or rack-mounted, which is easy, secure, and reliable.
For rack mounting, two CVT10 devices, one CVT10 device, and a connecting piece can be combined into one assembly that is 1U in width.
Notes and Cautions
Notes for Installation
Caution: The equipment must be installed in a restricted access location.
Attention: L’équipement doit être installé dans un endroit à accès restreint.
When the product needs to be installed on the rack, 4 screws at least M5*12 should be used to fix it.
The rack for installation shall bear at least 9kg weight.
- Elevated Operating Ambient – If installed in a closed or multi-unit rack assembly, the operating ambient
temperature of the rack environment may be greater than the room ambient. Therefore, consideration should be
given to installing the equipment in an environment compatible with the maximum ambient temperature (Tma)
specified by the manufacturer.
- Reduced Air Flow – Installation of the equipment in a rack should be such that the amount of airflow required
for the safe operation of the equipment is not compromised.
- Mechanical Loading – The mounting of the equipment in the rack should be such that a hazardous condition is not
achieved due to uneven mechanical loading.
- Circuit Overloading – Consideration should be given to the connection of the equipment to the supply circuit and
the effect that overloading of the circuits might have on overcurrent protection and supply wiring. Appropriate
consideration of equipment nameplate ratings should be used when addressing this concern.
- Reliable Earthing – Reliable earthing of rack-mounted equipment should be maintained. Particular attention
should be given to supply connections other than direct connections to the branch circuit (e.g. use of power strips).